Friday, June 17, 2016

Understanding of underlying software systems

This seems to be an awesome blog for learning the basics of how systems work: https://ruslanspivak.com/
Hi! I’m Ruslan Spivak, a 36 year old Software Team Lead from Canada, and if you’ve ever asked yourself:
  • “How do I create my own programming language?”
  • “How does an interpreter, compiler, or VM work and how do I create one?”
  • “How do I implement my own database and a small operating system?”
  • “How do I code my own web server?”
  • “How do I write my own web framework?”
Or if you’ve just wanted to know more about software development in general and how to become a better developer - then you are in the right place!
Here’s the deal:
I believe to become a better developer you MUST get a better understanding of the underlying software systems you use on a daily basis and that includes programming languages, compilers and interpreters, databases and operating systems, web servers and web frameworks. And to get a better and deeper understanding of those systems you MUST re-build them from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive