Saturday, June 8, 2019

React question: which UI framework to choose? And how to allow for easier switching between the frameworks?

https://www.reddit.com/r/reactjs/comments/ba8pxp/react_question_which_ui_framework_to_choose/
Car

And how to allow for easier switching between the frameworks?
level 1
Whatever framework you end up choosing, please think about wrapping the components and importing only the wrapped ones instead of importing straight from the framework. That will allow you to be much more flexible in the future. Also if you are prototyping, that would also allow for easier switching between the frameworks.
level 2
Hey, this sounds pretty reasonable. I'm not much of a js developer myself, since most of the work I did in the past was backend stuff. Do you have some reading material on this topic? Or some examples of how that wrapping would work?
level 3
My workflow is usually like this - the first time I need to use a certain component from a framework, I create a new component, write down the props I'm sure I'll be using and just return the component from the framework with the props passed down to it. So you get the define the component API instead of the framework.
level 2
This is great advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive